never fight a clown...

Saturday, July 6, 2019

Fibonacci Sequence!


For those who are not aware of the Fibonacci Sequence. The Sequence is the succession of numbers: 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, ... The following number is discovered by adding up the two numbers before it. The sequence is also expressed in many forms. This image below is the most common – but it won’t take you too much to do some ‘googling’ to find more images and manifestations of the Fibonacci Sequences in nature.

 

I thought I’d have a look at my own work and see if I could find it. So, I screen shot a couple of flips and discover some. Have a look.








Then I took a still of a friend of mine doing a sword cut – here is Casey Kaleba doing a cut. See if you can see any? I can see a great one in the water. It maybe just projection but hey it’s fun to try!

 


Now start to have a look at some of the old manuals and see if you can start to see it!!



What we also gain from this maths is the golden ratio (symbol is the Greek letter "phi" shown below) which is a special number approximately equal to 1.618. Google this ratio and you will have a field day! It appears many times across, art, geometry architecture and many other areas.

1.618 x 1 = Golden Rectangle


Here is something interesting to close on. Thought I’d keep looking at some of the old manuals as I was was curious if  the  'golden rectangle' ratio would pop up. Here is one place I found it! WHich does't surprise me.


Worth noting we all know the triangle is a strong structure – right! If you draw a line from our friends’ foot on the right to where he hits the mark; it makes a triangle obviously. No doubt the power at that point of impact must have been intense! It’s it great when science and art comes together!!


To be continued no doubt!

No comments:

Post a Comment